Support Services for Homeless Youth
- Opening Doors Framework: Homelessness assistance phone line (1800 825 955) which directs people to their nearest access point.
- Homelessness Australia: A list of organisations supporting the homeless
- Council for Homeless Persons: Homeless Advocacy Service provides support for those who are experiencing problems within transitioning housing centres.
- Mission Australia: Affordable housing for low income earners and a Pathways to Employment Program
- Salvation Army: Housing assistance and free meals
- Grampians Community Health: A Place To Call Home, a permanent housing support service, and Aboriginal Family Violence Housing support
- Centrelink: Accomodation and support for homeless persons
- Housing Options Finder: A tool which determines your eligibility for housing options
- FrontYard Youth Support: Melbourne based drop-in service which can provide showers, food, access to computers and more. You do not need to be Melbourne based to get advice from them.
- Wimmera Uniting Care: Housing options
- Centacare Ballarat: support agency (5337 8999)
- Statewide Homeless Response: 24-hour toll-free hotline (1800 825 955)
Resources on Homelessness in Australia
- Homelessness Info: True stories of how homeless people live
- Homelessness Australia: Fact sheets and statistics
- Council for Homeless Persons: Information about youth homelessness, perceptions, fact sheets and true stories
- Salvation Army: Information about youth homelessness
- Oasis: Documentary on homeless youth in Australia