We have created and implemented dozens of programs and activities to keep young people engaged in our local communities. Our staff works hard for and with young people.
Here are some of our achievements from 2017
- We re-launched our website and social networks with a fresh new look, and specialised content. We’ve developed Youth Space, a place for young people to find important resources and programs. Have a look through our Facebook pages, Twitter, or Instagram pages for more updates!
- We ran four successful National Youth Week events, including a chub suit challenge, a water skirmish, a dance challenge and a 3X3 basketball tournament.
- Four of our staff members successfully achieved their Youth Mental Health First Aid certificates.
- We launched our Bachelor of Social Science program in partnership with Federation University.
- We launched two short courses in conjunction with Melbourne Polytechnic.
- We have developed an alternative education program for young people not enrolled in school or taking part in full time work. The program is called Thursdays.
Here are some of our achievements from 2016:
- Central Grampians LLEN relocated from High Street over to 3/5 Laby Street, next to Ararat College. This move has enabled us to directly contact young people about upcoming events or programs run by us.
- We’ve had several employment seekers come through our work-for-the-dole programs such as Kreative Krafterz and On Ya Bike.
- We’ve had several new staff members come through, including our Programs Manager Mel Bennet, our Youth Project Officer Brendan van den Clarke, our Communications Officer Jasmine van den Hoek, and our Youth Engagement Officer, Maya French.
- Our L2p program has expanded to the Pyrenees, with a new car that gives young learner-drivers across Stawell, Ararat, and Beaufort access to supervising drivers and cars.
- We launched the Structured Workplace Learning pilot program that helps employers and VET/VCAL students find work experience for young people.
- We’ve run several successful Engage and FReeZA events including Funky Fridays, and Muso Days.