Central Grampians LLEN is excited to promote this role for Youth Project Officer (Junior). Applications close March 9, 2018. We have outlined the position below:
POSITION Youth Project Officer Junior
ORGANISATION Central Grampians Local Learning and Employment Network Inc. (CGLLEN)
EMPLOYMENT 0.5 EFT
RESPONSIBLE TO Executive Officer and Program Manager
Purpose of this Position
The Youth Project Officer Junior will work with young people to facilitate activities through the CGLLEN programs in the Grampians region. Additionally, the Youth Project Officer Junior will work as part of the CGLLEN and SWL teams to engage employers, students, parents and the community in education and employment.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Establish, coordinate and support CGLLEN program activities
· Develop an effective rapport with young people.
· Establish and support active youth committees.
· Work with the Committees to develop and implement appropriate activities which will engage young people, service providers, business and the community.
· Promote opportunities for involvement to young people and create a positive environment for youth programs in the local community.
2. Fulfil Project Officer Requirements
· Collect data for reports as required.
· Work to meet the outcomes and targets required by the CGLLEN board and funding bodies.
· Participate as part of the CGLLEN teams.
3. Other duties, as directed by the CGLLEN EO and Program Manager, consistent with the purpose of this position.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
1. The ability to communicate sensitively and effectively with young people. Ability to work with young people to set goals and achieve targets.
2. High level interpersonal and communication skills.
3. Competent administration and information technology skills.
4. The ability to meet tight deadlines and perform as part of a small team while working in a self-directed manner.
1. Passion for improving outcomes for young people.
2. Initiative and enthusiasm.
3. Time Management skills.
4. Ability to meet set deadlines.
Other relevant information:
1. The position will be based in Ararat and Stawell. Travel will be required in the performance of duties and the incumbent must have a license to drive a motor car in Victoria.
2. The successful candidate must be prepared to undergo a successful police records check and Working with Children Check before confirmation of employment.
3. Flexible work arrangements will be a feature of the position and some work outside normal business hours will be required.
Hours 0.5 EFT
Probationary Period 3 months
Is available by contacting Central Grampians LLEN on 5352 3266
Applications must address the Key Selection Criteria and be forwarded to
Central Grampians LLEN
3/5 Laby Street, Ararat, 3377
P: 03 5352 3266 E: email@example.com
by 5.00pm, Friday 9th March 2018
Applicants are advised to hand deliver their application or forward by email, as applications forwarded by post may not reach the CGLLEN office by the deadline.