The third day of April’s school holiday program welcomed seven young chefs to create their very own chocolate slices.
The young ones were introduced to Chef Rohan (CGLLEN’s Youth Project Officer), who guided them through the process which involved crushing biscuits, mixing cocoa powder and condensed milk, melting chocolate and more.
The young chefs loved getting their hands dirty, so eventually gave up using mixing spoons. They were reminded to wash their hands after every part of the process for hygiene purposes. The chefs were involved in every part of the process under adult supervision and guidance.
Each participant took home their very own chocolate slice, topped with chocolate, biscuits, and M&Ms.
Want to make a slice of your own? Try the recipe below:
- 100g of milk chocolate (melted)
- 198g condensed milk
- 25g milk chocolate M&Ms
- 125g milk arrowroot biscuits (crushed)
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- Chocolate mint biscuits (optional) or M&Ms for topping (optional)
- First, place the 125g of milk arrowroot biscuits into a large mixing bowl and crush them to a fine crumble.
- Once your biscuits are crushed, add 1/2 cup of cocoa powder and mix them together.
- Add your 25g of M&Ms to the mixture.
- Add 198g of condensed milk to the mixture, stir until combined and set aside.
- Line a tray with baking paper to avoid slice sticking to the tray.
- Place mixture into the lined tray, level it out and set aside.
- Dice the chocolate mint biscuits and set aside.
- Gently, break 200g of milk chocolate into a microwave-safe bowl and melt in the microwave for 30 seconds or until melted.
- Once the chocolate has melted, pour it over your slice.
- Place diced chocolate mint biscuits or extra M&Ms on top and leave in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours or until set.
- Slice and serve.
Central Grampians LLEN would like to thank all the chefs for coming along to this school holiday program event. Our next event is Drone Zone, where young people will learn about constructing, flying and racing drones.
To find our more information click here, or to book a spot for your child call 5352 3266. All school holiday programs are free of cost.